NEERJA

NEERJA
New Original Comedy Series

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Episode 3: How to pretend you know what's going on at work

Episode 3 NEERJA

I didn't have the courage when I was younger to tell my parents "I am an actor/artist and that is what I want to do with my life". Instead, I did have courage to tell my parents "I will not be a doctor". And when they said that I had to be an engineer instead, I said OK. Even though I had no interest or desire to be an engineer....but an engineer I did become.

My first engineering job was a disaster that lasted a few years. Yes, I have a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering. Thank goodness, I also had a boyfriend who was a technical wizard who saved my butt at work every day!!

I want to leave you with this quote from a great book I am reading now. It is from Deepak Chopra's book "Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire".
                   
                             "And when you realize that the intentions and desires that arise in you are the very intentions of the Universe, you can relinquish your desire for control and let the miraculous life your were born to lead unfold in all its unimaginable magnificence."

Perhaps if I had known this when I was young, I would have stood up for myself with my parents more so. Now that I am a parent, I can see that all my parents wanted for me was to be happy.

Well Mom, with that Private Benjamin-esque career in engineering I had, I now have a webseries that is so much fun to make. I am happy!

Thanks Mom and Dad!

Peace and Love to you all,

Neerja

No comments:

Post a Comment